A Brush with Nature
Here's everything you'll need to get the most out of this incredible workshop.
- Hansa or Benzimidazolone Yellow
- Napthol Red Light
- Cerulean Blue (or Cerulean Blue Hue)
- Bone or Ivory Black
Heavy Body Colours:
- Titanium White
- Golden Gloss Medium (essential) and a small container to hold it.
- White Gesso (any)
- *Bring any other mediums that you might have, gels, pastes, etc. to try; they are all fun and we will discuss their benefits and drawbacks.
- A variety of supports - these can be stretched canvas, canvas boards, birch panels that have been sealed with acrylic gel medium - sizes between 9x12 and 16x20 are most manageable. A minimum of two, and no maximum.
- Disposable Palette Paper
- Masking tape
- A few sheets of watercolour paper for exercises
An assortment of brushes, both bristle and synthetic.
- Essential:A ¾”angle brush, a ⅜” angle brush, a round brush (size 6 or 8), and a size 2 liner brush.
- An old metal fork, an old gift card, and some clean soft rags
- Vine charcoal (a few pieces)
- Inktense pencils (Willow and Bark are my favourites)
- A China Marker (black or white)
- Shop Cloth (Blue cotton paper towel)
- A spray bottle - my favourite is a giant Zep one with an adjustable nozzle from Home Depot, not a wee delicate mister!
- Your phone or ipad and a charger, and a few resource photos of your favourite landscapes.